26 Aug The Hockey Project – Meet the band: Erasmus Wegmann
NAME: Erasmus Wegmann
INSTRUMENT: Tenor sax
BANDS: Mark Gierling Band, Hinterhaus Band, various Duos and Trios
HOW DID YOU GET INVOLVED WITH THE PROJECT?
– via Alexandra, we both play with piano player Mark Gierling
WHAT DID YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT THE RECORDING OD “THE HOCKEY PROJECT” ?
– The solo!
WHAT ONE SPECIAL ITEM DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE ON TOUR? ?
– My Mark VI Sopran und Tenor Sax
WHICH WAS THE FIRST AND LAST RECORD YOU BOUGHT?
– My first self-bought record was “Aqualung” by Jethro Tull, the last Keith Jarrett’s album “El Juicio” from 1975, where Keith plays Soprano sax – with Charlie Haden (Bass) and Paul Motian (Drums) – this is greatness. And between those two : the best jazz albums ever
WHAT’S YOUT FAVOURITE SONG?
– Joana’s Waltz (Frank Wunsch)
WHICH AND WHERE WAS THE COOLEST GIG YOU EVER PLAYED?
– There are a few – but one of my favourites was a Coffee&Jazz-afternoon in my mom’s living room, all her friends were there and my favourite sax teacher played piano. It was great!
IF YOU COULD PICK A MUSICIAN, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY WITH?
– I ‘d like to play with Cecil Taylor…